View Single Post
Old
06-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
if that's directed at me, I wasn't blaming Gomez for Shanny's play, but you can't say that he caught fire when put with Gomez
Who said he caught fire? Who said he went on some amazing scoring streak?

Certainly not me.

But Gomez was responsible in getting him a good 60-70 % of his (Shanny's ) points.

Shanahan sucked for most of this season. He was a invisable. If Shanny and Jagr had converted on 50% of the excellent, creative setups by Gomez and Dubinksy; they would have both bagged themselves at least 40 goals each. But they were braindead for 4 months of the season. Gomez only had one less point than Jagr, for his season point totals.

Furthermore, Gomez was routinely moved back and forth between Jagr on the "First Line" and Shanney on the "Second Line".

It wasn't till Dubinsky started going on that 6-8 week tear, that Renney stayed with him and Jagr more consistently. And even then, there were shifts where he moved Gomez up there. And after Dubinsky cooled off, Renney began rotating Gomez with Jagr more often, again.

Not to mention the Power Play time Gomez had with Jagr, which helped Jagr get some points, too.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote