View Single Post
Old
06-19-2008, 07:31 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
That's VERY interesting. Now's the time to try and get all our guys over here.

Anybody else would like to see Buturlin? Only for a camp or something?
I would have liked to see Buturlin at camp, too bad he turned down Savard's contract offer. We don't own his rights, but after seeing him play while watching Emelin w/Lada a few years back, I though he might be worth a look on the 4th line. He had really bulked up from what I remember him in his OHL days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
Wow that d be something !

Montreal, Have the Russians said anything about how much money they want from the Nhl Teams when a player is transfered ?
I can't say off the top of my head but I think I read something about wanting numbers in the million or millions for the top players say like Malkin. Doesn't really matter though as I'm guessing the NHL is going to try this out and see what happens without having a PTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
No way the Habs would be able to match the money someone (one of the teams in the new league) will probably throw at Emelin. For superstar players, the NHL teams can compete. But for young players, the new Russian league holds all the cards. Not to mention the comfort in living in your home country and not having to adjust.

If I were a Russian prospect, it would be a fairly easy decision.
It's hard to say what kind of money Emelin would get if this is indeed true. I had heard he was making about 1M this year, but I've also heard that his club was not happy with the way he was playing. I had heard some talk that there were some big problems for AK Bars as the team was playing like crap, players were removed from the team and others benched, so perhaps something was going on. From what I've heard from Russian fans, they say that he didn't have a very good season this year but I didn't see him play so I don't can't say for sure.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote