View Single Post
Old
06-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Thank you! At least someone agrees with me. The timing of his comments against Olli were questionable at best. That was a problem with Martin calling him out AFTER the season was already over and after we were out of contention. Martin totally used Jokinen to save his own job IMO.

I'm skeptical as to whether Olli can get back on track and produce a lot. I've always wondered how he put up such big numbers. He has that shot and has some skill to score some nice goals, but he never jumped out at me as a big point producing player, although he kept proving me wrong. Hopefully if we hang on to him, he'll produce for us. If we don't, we'll probably never get a higher return than now.
I think we haven't really used Olli the way we need to to benefit the team. IMO I think all we need for Olli to become an elite scorer is someone who can really dish him the puck like a Thornton or a Savard. Someone in that league. Otherwise Olli will never reach his full potential. He will always be a point per game player at best. I'd like to think he is better than that and really wish if he is staying that JM would get him somebody to play with.