View Single Post
Old
06-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
It would be like a 7-11 store wanting to sell ... I don't know Tim Hortons coffee out of the store and 7-11 corporate office telling them no and so the store sues the head office.
Not really, no.

Quote:
The NHL is a corporation and it has rules stating that its franchises conform so there is some uniformity and that the teams can't just start putting advertizing on their team jersey's or doing whatever they wish their team website.

MSG signs on with the rules already known and if they violate those rules, the BOG are gonna have to lay the smackdown.
I think MSG's problem was that for a long time the league let teams do their own thing or worked with them in marketing, etc. The Rangers put a lot of money into their website and their exclusive merchandise and information on the website. Then the league says "nah I think we want to make you conform to this crappy website".

Honestly it's retarded situation on both sides. You're right that the NHL has the control to make teams do that, as evidenced by the court ruling. So fine, MSG made their attempt to keep the status quo and it failed, and they probably made too much of a fuss about it.

Now the league pulling a ***** move like this is just as retarted

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote