View Single Post
Old
06-19-2008, 02:51 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
mediocrity leads to more mediocrity.....

the rangers have hit a wall withthe players they have....and the team, as some have said, is built around jagr, who is only getting older and is showing his age....being realistic the team wont make it to the 2nd round again next year with jagr as the focal point....its not that i dont want to win, its that i dont want to go back to when the team just sat in 9th place forever and didnt make the playoffs or get a good pick as it killed the organization.....i would rather finish the rebuilding in one year than drag it out with another year or two of the jagr era
its too bad that our rebuilding will take another 4 years until somebodys *cough*Drury*cough horrendous contract comes off the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah that's pretty much the attitude. If the Rangers aren't winning the Stanley cup, they should be winning the draft lottery. There's no inbetween or enjoyment of them being a good team and making the playoffs
I enjoyed them in the playoffs and having a good team at the end. I did want them to trade everybody away at the deadline and completely start from scratch w/ alot of picks, and good prospects but once the deadline passed they were an enjoyable team. Especially in the PO's.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote