View Single Post
Old
06-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Magnus Fulgur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Oh sweet baby Jesus I'd be all over that. For Filatov or Bogosian.

I'm just surprised a Thrashers fan would be willing to part with a superstar like Filatov...

If the Hossa package were all it took to get 3rd overall...
Actually, I think for Bogosian it would be more than the Hossa package. Definitely Higgins to start, and then more...a defenseman included for sure.

The Thrashers have Kovalchuk and Kozlov as their LW for the next two years, and they can't move Kozlov (NTC). If Filatov could play RW, then sure...but Nikita relies so much on a left wing deep move that cuts to the net that I don't think he could play RW with the same effectiveness.

On many Thrashers' boards, it seems that only a third of the fans at most want Filatov. He just doesn't fit into our roster as much as Bogosian or a package of players could.

The Thrashers are in soooo much trouble with their fan base now that they can't count on Bogosian being good enough in his rookie year to make a difference. They need a bunch of good youngish players who have proven to be playoff-worthy. Right now, the Atlanta roster is Kovalchuk, Lehtonen, Enstrom, Havelid, and a whole bunch of mediocrity.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote