Thread: Billy Ryan
View Single Post
Old
06-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Hockey2000nyr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
If you know Lundy is special, you shouldn't waste a #7 pick on another goalie.

First, goalies are the highest risk of any position.

Second, fill one of the many positions that were open. If you have just one position that has a hole, you may not want to go for that position because that player may not be anywhere near the best one available. But when pretty much every skater position had glaring holes, you should just avoid the high-risk goalies and draft the best available skater.

well if i remember correctly montoya was picked 6th overall....and i wouldnt say that it was a wasted pick, you can never have enough really good goaltenders, and montoya is still young....look at how detroit just won the cup, with osgood and hasek. two really good goalies who played based on who was hotter at that moment. when traded montoya we just found a trade that sather felt was good to make. and we had no need for montoya anymore, he was probably close to being atleast a backup in the NHL. Lundqvist just signed his contract extension. and even though i wasnt very happy with them picking Montoya it was the right move to make because looking back at the draft, the only first round picks to make it to the NHL have been Ovechkin (1) Malkin(2) Barker (3) Ladd (4) Olesz (5) Smid (9) Stafford (13) Radulov (15) Nokelainen(16) Zajac (20) Wolski(21) Kaspar (22) Meszaros (23) Schultz (27) Green (29) but now out of those guys the only ones to have major impacts on their teams were ovechkin malkin radulov meszaros green. all the others play parts on their respective teams but its all woulda coulda shoulda.

Hockey2000nyr is offline   Reply With Quote