View Single Post
Old
06-20-2008, 10:04 AM
FLYERSFAN18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Wow. With the exception of the fair weathered comment, you have no clue what you're talking about. Alan Cohen is committed to having a winning team because he knows that's the only way he'll get fans in the stands. However, they're not mortgaging their future to make a one-and-done playoff appearance or going out and massively overpaying for players (like your Flyers) and then being cap screwed down the road.
I did not mean to piss you off, but i have been following all the florida teams since about 1995 and i do know what i am talking about. The panthers are the only other team that i would like to see win the stanley cup. But, when was the last time the panthers made the playoffs? before last year the flyers had made it something like 15 years in a row and that is because they spent as much money as they could to put the best team that they could on the ice.After last year coming in dead last they went out and spent money and they got to the eastern conference fnals. If they really wanted to be in the playoffs they would be, it doesnt take that much when more than half the conference gets in. You have to spend money to make the playoffs and ultimately win the cup but this organization doesnt care. Look at the other south florda teams that have won. The 1997 Marlins won because they bought the championship by signing great players. The heat won because they got the most dominant player in the game at the time, that player being shaq.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote