View Single Post
Old
06-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
This makes a ton of sense on a couple fronts. KLO has coveted Ruutu since his draft year, I believe he even tried to trade up to pick him or that was a rumour at the time. Added to that, Ruutu is Finnish and friends with Pitkanen, they are around the same age and have played together at international events in the past. You want Pitkanen to sign long-term, bring in a Finnish buddy to make him feel more at home and hopefully it's a done deal.

I, for one, would be totally stoked to have Pitkanen and Ruutu a part of the Oilers core for the next 5+ years, especially considering Ruutu will most likely come at a bargain rate. He was just traded to Carolina straight up for another former 1st rounder in Andrew Ladd, so if I had to predict the deal I would guess Smid/Greene and Schremp/Torres and maybe a 4th rounder for Ruutu and the #14 overall pick.

Would you do that deal?

To Carolina = Smid/Greene (their choice), Torres/Schremp (their choice), and a 4th rounder (103 overall)

To Edmonton = Tuomo Ruutu and the #14 overall pick (Zack Boychuk)

Then Edmonton can take BPA at #22 and likely a goalie, Pickard or Markstrom would make my day. Dare to dream boys!!!

Larry Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote