View Single Post
Old
05-31-2004, 11:40 PM
Park #2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
I say offer him a 1 year deal at 9 or 10 million, no way he refuses that.
That would not be very intelligent, considering the cap will be between $35-40 million. The Rangers will have limited mobility as it is, with between $19-25 million tied up in Holik, DUnham, Jagr, Kasparitis - so basically with your idea, they could have 3 skaters and 2 goalies.

If they buy out Holik and Dunham - they still have between $11 and 16 tied up in Jagr and Kasparitis alone.

I'm not quite sure why Ranger fans would want him signed anyway - this is a team supposedly committed to rebuilding with two young netminders in the fold. Why would you want to sign a goalie over 30 years old to a team with little chance of winning anything at all? It will further stunt the growth of the young goaltenders and waste money when there is none to be wasted. Perhaps many folks don't realize the repercussions of the new CBA.

If the Rangers Buyout Dunham, they should look to replace him with a goaltender that can play 40-45 games and let Blackburn play the remainer. I am assuming HL will play in Hartford to adjust to the North American game - but if not, then Blackburn starts in Hartford. IF not, Dunham can certainly play 40 games per year.