Old
06-20-2008, 07:38 PM
The Head Crusher
Retired

vCash: 383
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
how would mls in edmonton negatively affect your life?
Before I can answer that I have to give you a little background info. I am a baseball guy through and through. As a kid growing up baseball was king, every farming community, hamlet, village, and town in the county would be able to create at least 1 team, that was until the Drillers first moved to Edmonton. Over a span of 2 years the county league that once had a minimum of 8 teams now could barely get two or 3, as everyone began to join house leagues in the towns. Because soccer moved to Edmonton I was forced to switch teams 3 times just to play. With the (multiple) demise of the Drillers in Edmonton soccers "popularity" also began to shrink as the leagues I used to play in have now began to return to their former glory. I do not want the MLS to move to Edmonton cause I don't want another fad like popularity spike for soccer to occur in my area, the local baseball league is still rebuilding and it could destroy it all together. I want the next generation from my family and everyone else in the area to play a real sport in the summer months.

The Head Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote