View Single Post
Old
06-20-2008, 10:53 PM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
Jagr in Free Agency

Now this idea came to me a little earlier and I think someone mentioned it. Jagr supposedly wants a 2 year deal, NY only wants one. Martin loves giving out 2 year deals. We desperately need offense on the first line and we also need someone who can draw people to the rink and be the face of a marketing campaign, since our semi-decent face of the franchise was Olli.

My proposal...sign Jaromir Jagr to a two year deal. Market the game to the casual fans. Nearly everyone knows who Jagr is. Olesz was compared to him, Frolik idolizes him. He could definitely teach the younger guys about using your strength and skill to shield the puck. Also, he's growing sick of the spotlight in NY probably, and in South FLA he can live a great lifestyle and not be the focus of the town, just slip under the radar. All the retiring players love FLA, why not Jags?

On top of all else, he's won everythign he could possibly win, already won the cup a few times, so it's not like he's trying to find a contender to get one last shot at the cup. If we ponied up some money on a 2 year deal that wasnt outrageous, what do you say?

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote