View Single Post
Old
06-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Unk

vCash: 500
This is the first draft I've bothered to put even the smallest amount of research on before-hand, so there were certain players I was interested in. I guess I'd have to say a 7 atm.

I wanted a scoring winger, and though we passed on the ones I wouldn't preferred (Tedenby and Petrov) its possible Stepan could become that. Granted, with Petrov, I thought we could nab him in the 3rd and thought it'd be a good idea to gamble on him falling, so I can't fault the Rangers for not taking him in the second.

We can't have too many offensive defensemen, so long as they can play defense, and Del Zotto is an intriguing pick. He could be awesome in a few years.

I guess the only thing I didn't like was trading Bourret to get that late 3rd rounder, for some defensemen out of nowhere. I guess I'm happy they didn't go for some physical defenseman who can't do anything else and could be some bottom-pairing guy. I don't know enough to pass judgement on the later rounds. Anyway, this could be an 8 or 9 later, depending on how these guys develop.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote