View Single Post
Old
06-01-2004, 06:48 PM
borro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Borro, you are embarrassing yourself here. Do you honestly belief that a goaltender in his thirties who has won exactly nothing in his career could bring that kind of return?

I think a more realistic outcome would be a 2nd rounder and a prospect. I suspect that a big part of the reason Wash would not trade Kolzig is that they couldn't get enough for him in a deal to make it worthwhile.
Kolzig has won a Vezina. Looking at what he has played behind, I think he would be twice as good with Ottawa's defense. Do I see Kolzig's salary as a downside, yes. The Caps aren't really looking to trade him at this point. With a 20M payroll, they are one of the few teams who could afford to keep him. I could see Ottawa waiting until the trade deadline, but might want Kolzig for the whole year. A second round and a prospect (Vermette etc) is not going to move Washington to give up any chance of being good. A Volchenkov and a 1st would. Both would be pieces to rebuild by. I'm not arguing its not a steep price, just one that would get the Caps attention. I don't see anyone else out there that could be acquired without giving up too much. If a team wants to meet in the middle, I would consider it.

As far as embarrasing myself, I have given reasons why I feel what I feel. People don't have to love them. I don't think the difference is as huge as some do. You want quality and the chance for a Cup, you suck it up.