View Single Post
Old
06-22-2008, 07:46 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
I gave it a 7. The only issue I had was that the team did not pick a goalie in the middle rounds, especially when Sateri was still available in the 4th and 5th rounds I believe. There is no home-run player or potential super-star, but I think the Rangers made a lot of quality picks that could turn out to be solid 1st or 2nd liners or top 4 pairing D-men.

Del Zotto addresses a need, which is a future PP QB.

Stephan is a type of prospect that this team lacks, which is a natural goal scorer. The only other prospect that is a natural goalscorer in the Rangers system is Cherry. The fact that he wants to switch to wing is even better. Which addresses another organizational weakness, a goal scoring winger.

Grachev I think was a steal in the 3rd round. He's not your typical Russian. He's big, he has skill, and he likes to go into the corners and dig out the puck. A hard nosed player. He has top 6 potential as well. He addresses another organizational weakness, which is size up front. I think I read somewhere on here that he also expressed interest in switching to the wing.

Kundratek I really don't know much about aside from the Prospect Reports and what i've read on here. It seems like he has a boat load of potential, but had a terrible WJC. If thats the only big knock on him, thats fine with me. From what i've gathered, he has top 4 potential. He could be another steal for the Rangers at this point.

Weise seems like a good pick up in the 4th round. Bigger (6'2) and can put the puck in the net in a league that is very defensive (WHL) and hes a natural winger as well. The addition of Weise adds depth to the wings and he has goal scoring ability, another organizational weakness. He seems destined to be a 3rd liner, but one that can put the puck in the net.

Doyle in the 5th could turn out to be a steal, as he was rated a lot higher in the mid-season rankings. I don't know much about him so i'll leave it at that.

Gaulton I don't know too much about either.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote