View Single Post
Old
06-22-2008, 12:14 PM
BabyJagrov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Everything here is pretty spot on. Even the part about the trade, none of us are happy about it but it happened so we move on.
I'm sure there were some deals that may have been a little bit more interesting in terms of potential (picks, prospects...)... But what was proposed, wasn't what Martin wanted in the end !

I suppose Calgary dangled Tanguay and a first, Cammy and a first for LA, Bouchard and a first from Minny... Forwards like Jokinen, with different styles but no better than our ex-captain !

So it came down to Phoenix and the Oilers ! Pitkanen would have been a great return, and I may even think the Oilers offer was a bit better for the future... Pitkanen asking price was a deal-breaker though for JM, and he accepted the best offer that made him better RIGHT NOW ! Edmonton couldn't give us back another defenceman like Boynton, and we also got a pick so thank you... But I think we got all fooled by HF boards, since Richards went for a package equal (even I like ours better than the Bolts')... Richards was a little bit of a salary-dump and Olli no so that's why I wanted a great-prospect ! Didn't get it, well that must be the way now in the new NHL.

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote