View Single Post
Old
06-22-2008, 12:29 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagr View Post
I'm sure there were some deals that may have been a little bit more interesting in terms of potential (picks, prospects...)... But what was proposed, wasn't what Martin wanted in the end !

I suppose Calgary dangled Tanguay and a first, Cammy and a first for LA, Bouchard and a first from Minny... Forwards like Jokinen, with different styles but no better than our ex-captain !

So it came down to Phoenix and the Oilers ! Pitkanen would have been a great return, and I may even think the Oilers offer was a bit better for the future... Pitkanen asking price was a deal-breaker though for JM, and he accepted the best offer that made him better RIGHT NOW ! Edmonton couldn't give us back another defenceman like Boynton, and we also got a pick so thank you... But I think we got all fooled by HF boards, since Richards went for a package equal (even I like ours better than the Bolts')... Richards was a little bit of a salary-dump and Olli no so that's why I wanted a great-prospect ! Didn't get it, well that must be the way now in the new NHL.
If you think this made us better right now I have some land for sale...

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline   Reply With Quote