Old
06-22-2008, 12:48 PM
dawkins121

vCash: 500
Gagne-Briere-Hartnell
Upshall-Carter-Knuble
Lupul-Richards-Giroux
Thoreson-UFA center-Downie

When Gagne was healthy him and Briere and some good chemistry and Hartnell brings grit to the line. That Carter line was probably our most effective line in the Pittsburgh series, especially in containing Malkin. I'd like to give them a chance during the regular season to see what they can do. I really want Giroux on Richard's wing because I feel like he's too small to be with Briere and Carter just doesn't have the ice vision to maximize the amount of skill and speed that Giroux has. On the fourth line I don't think Dowd is coming back but he was just a plug in guy. Thoreson has some great hustle and it's time for Downie to stop screwing around and prove that he's more than just a goon. He has the talent to be a top 6 winger, now he needs to prove he has the discipline to handle it.

Timmonen-Coburn
Hatcher-Jones
Parent-Eminger

First pairing a no-brainer. I think Hatcher will be back and him and Jones played well together and even though I think they make a good 3rd pairing at best, I just can't see Parent and Eminger stepping into top 4 spots. That pairing also scares me. I'm not sure if having Eminger, a guy who was a healthy scratch for most of last season and seems to have confidence issues, is the greatest guy to be pairing a developing D-man like Parent with. In a perfect world Parent's stay at home style would be a nice compliment to Eminger's offensive skills and rush speed but I don't know if that will happen. I would really like to sign a solid 2nd pairing guy, move Parent up and let him see some action with the new vet, and bump Jones down to the 3rd pairing with Eminger.

Biron
Nittymaki

Not a whole lot of options or controversy here. As many questions and concerns I have about the offense and defense, I think it all comes down to Biron. If he can consistently play like he did for the beginning of last season and the beginning of the playoffs, then the Flyers will have success. If not, then the Flyers will struggle.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote