View Single Post
Old
06-22-2008, 02:56 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
Doyle plays for our local junior team, PEI Rocket, and have watched him since he was drafted into the QMJHL.

Doyle is a talented player who has a hard shot, is a good skater and an offensive player. He uses his hard shot alot, sometimes too much, where at times he sacrifices accuracy in favor of hardness. His defensive game needs alot of work as it seems like he is thinking offense alot more than defense which is keeping him from having a good all-around game. I think that may be a reason why he slipped as much as he did. His work ethic and commitment is another reason why he has slipped because it seemed like he was trying to get by on talent alone at times.

Doyle does have the talent and the tools to get to the NHL, but he has to get his head into it and realize that it takes more than talent to get there. Hopefully being taken so low will give him that kick in the butt to get his head and game in gear or else his talent is going to be of no use.

For the people who think the Rangers are taking too many centers, personally I think Doyle would be a better fit on the wing instead of being a centerman.

thank you for coming in here and giving us some info.....sounds like a good pick....he seems lik ehe has some good size and a god shot...something the ranbgers system lacks....so far so good in the draft for me

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote