View Single Post
Old
06-01-2004, 09:32 PM
nyr5186

vCash: 500
I dont see why so many people want Dunham gone at all costs. Two years ago, Petr Nedved had a horrible season in which he got booed everytime he touched the puck. Many people wanted him gone. But what did he do the following season? He came back and probably was our best forward that season. Last year Lindros had the worst season of his career. Everybody wanted to waive him, but he worked his ass off in the offseason, came back and played great until getting hurt vs. Washington. So who's not to say Dunham cant come back and play the way he did down the stretch in 02-03.

Just think about what he went through in this past year. He injured his groin five weeks into the season and was never the same again. You dont think it was embarassing for him to get booed at the Garden every night? How do you think he felt when he received mock cheers every time he stopped a wrist shot from center ice? Or how do you think he felt when he lost his spot on the U.S. World Cup team in favor of 3 guys under 26 after representing his country in international events for something like 8 years? I guarantee you this guy is not sitting around vacationing this summer. He's gonna come into camp in great shape, and he's gonna do everything he can to prove all his critics wrong.

Just give him a chance in training camp and see what he has. If he plays great, great. If not, we can either put him on waivers or buy him out. And theres always stop-gap goalies on the waiver wire that you can pick up, although I doubt you'll get any sort of upgrade over what we currently have. So I just dont see the point in getting rid of him (and eating the cash) while his value is at an all-time low, and then going out and paying for somebody that wont be much of an upgrade. And in case you're wondering, a big NO for getting Khabibulin. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.