View Single Post
Old
06-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
@ 6.5m thats 2 firsts a 2nd and a 3rd, that would kill our farm...the 09 draft is supposed to be awesomely deep. Also why would you want a dman long-term? we have a bunch of great dmen coming up who will be getting paid @ entry level...no player who's name isnt Phanuef or Johnson is worth that sorry.

Also - you plan on landing a corry perry without throwing picks anahiems way? Thats just outlandish

I clearly said trading for them was an option as well. I also never said I wanted to offer sheet anyone at 6.5.

Everyone said this draft was incredibly deep and now people are complaining we didn't draft well enough. The 2003 draft was incredibly deep as well and look how that turned out. Just because there is a lot of skill available, doesn't mean you're going to get a chunk of it.

Why wouldn't you want a d-man like Weber or JBo locked up long term at 6 mil? I don't quite understand why people can't grasp this concept; An NHL proven d-man with an incredible skillset is far beyond a prospect that has potential but has proven nothing at the professional level.

I never made one comment about how I intended to get any of those players. Don't make assumptions.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote