Thread: Best 3rd Line?
View Single Post
Old
06-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
I think our 3rd line will be a complete surprise, regarding personal that is. We're really deep at center, shallow at wing. We were ok at left wing but if Straka and Avery go we are suddenly barren on the left. I think Drury slots up on the left on the top 2 lines. I love Dawes but I don't see him as an effective 3rd liner, not with the task of shutting down and checking at least. I'd like to see him running with Gomez, I like their chemistry.

I think we'll see Korpikoski or Anisimov centering the 3rd, outside, remote chance of Moore sliding into that spot or the 4th with Betts on the 3rd. Callahan I see playing right wing on the 3rd. After that, I guess it's up for grabs on the left: Sjostrom, Prucha, Korpikoski, UFA, Avery? I just don't see a Dawes, Drury, Callahan 3rd happening.

I think Renney and co view the 3rd line as a nice incubator for some young guys. We saw Dubinsky open there until Jagr claimed him. We saw Callahan start there. The way Renney like to roll his lines, that's the safest place. Usually Betts shuts down, not the 3rd line. We don't look to the 3rd to generate too much scoring. In fact, I don't really know what their main task is other than to do a little bit of everything, energy, some points, some defense, rest the special teams guys. I think the trend continues.
I also won't be surprised to see a FA C brought in for cheaper

then moving Drury to the Gomez and Dawes line............having Jagr with Dubinsky and a reasonibly priced FA wing like Satan

then a 3rd line of the new C, Callahan and Korpikoski

Then Aminisev can play when he is ready the next yr

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote