View Single Post
Old
06-23-2008, 10:25 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
I really, really don't like having Giroux on a line with Carter. There seem to be times when the only thing on Carter's mind is to get the puck on net and I'd like to see him with forwards like Hartnell, Knuble, and Upshall who don't need the puck to cause havoc. Sure the idea of Giroux being the playmaker that makes Carter shine is nice, but an idea I don't like is putting the pressure on a rookie to be the playmaker. We are way too deep at forward to be expecting a rookie to be the essential cog in a line.

Another thing I've noticed is that everyone seems to have Briere and Gagne together as a foregone conclusion, including me. Yes I know Briere had his best success with Gagne early in the season and didn't rediscover that spark until Prospal came, but I'd really like to see what Gagne can do with Carter or Richards. Remember, Gagne never played on a line with the new and improved Carter or Richards, he was always with Briere. I feel like a line with Gagne-Richards-and Giroux would be very interesting. Giroux has explosive playmaking abilities, Gagne knows how to put the puck in the net with the best of them, and Richards showed he knows how to make plays. Add the fact that Richards and Gagne are no slouches in the defensive zone and you have a pretty formidable line.

We all put Gags with Briere cause when Gags wasnt with Briere, Briere started to struggle abit. Seems that Gags was one of the only ones that could play with Briere, with Hartnell accually doing pretty well with Briere later on.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote