View Single Post
Old
06-23-2008, 07:38 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I can't see every move being made, but I don't think its beyond the realm of possibility to make a few of them. The reason being you aren't targeting the creme-de-la-creme of the UFA market, you're bringing in two key guys that might slide under the radar. I don't think the Cheechoo move is entirely realistic, but I put it in there anyway because I believe he's the kind of player we need for Gomez and he's locked into a great contract for 2 more seasons.

I think if you're going to offer-sheet anyone, it has to be Bouwmeester. He is a great player and with some of our recent draft picks, he could be dealt later on down the line to clear some room for DZ, Sanguinetti, etc while still being young enough to give us a pretty stellar return.

Well with the way it's laid out you're getting back the 2nd and 3rd rounders via the SJ and Buffalo trades. With the way this last draft went, it could be very possible to trade back up into the first round.

As for Orpik and Perry, both great options, however both will be significantly more expensive than Bernier and Commodore/Smith. Gotta restrain the spending enough to fit it under the cap.
the only two players i would offer sheet are wolski(because he will be cheaper) and JBo........(and only one of them)....i would love to trade for perry, bernier(who by the way i like the trade), vermette, carle and more....however, if the rangers signed mara, all i was saying is i would rather sign orpik for that specific spot because he is younger and more physical(something the team lacks)....but like i said, overall i would be happy with that team, just nit-picking really

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote