View Single Post
Old
06-23-2008, 11:16 PM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johan f View Post
I disagree Go Habs Go.

Sundin has stayed loyal thru all years, listening to in and outgoing coaches/GMs promising him some firstline bonafide wingers and all they have dragged to him is old guys with bad backs, talentless journeymen or lanky useless Russians. Mogilny might be the bright spot here, but he was banged up as well.

So Mats has stayed put and played, hoping for the best and a change. But all what happened was losing. Who stood there, facing the microphones? Yes Mats. He has never ducked facing the failure, a failure pretty much caused by an useless owner group and Quinn.

He owe Leafs nation nada, absolute nada. Why should he waive the notrade clause when they more or less stabbed his back? He stuck up for the ties for a decade but when he needed someone to stick up for him, they just banged the knife even deepr into the back.

To state Mats owe someone something does not know what he is speaking about. He owes himself alot though.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Anyway I think the leaf fans would rather he retire now then play with an other team...compensation or not.