View Single Post
Old
06-24-2008, 06:52 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
Definite NO on tucker. As FLY said he is on the decline and I think by signing him we will admit we made a mistake with Avery. We saw against Buffalo and then against Pittsburgh that if the other team is smart enough to ignore him then nothing gets done. We can't treat him as some unfallible key to winning because it can never be guaranteed to work. I also see no reason why someone like Callahan can't fill this role if it's absolutely necessary. For whatever reason, we were noticeably better with him than without him but in any case he will not be around forever, so we better learn to win without him. And spending 4 million on a guy who is unlikely to get more than 50 points is not a great way to win in my book.

And as you can see from the avatar, this comes from an ardent Avery supporter but even I draw a line somewhere and I wouldn't go over 3.25 for him and I wouldn't sign Tucker or anyone of that ilk to replace him. With that said, hopefully he can get through a couple days of July without a big offer and come crawling back for ~3 mil or less.
screw tucker, id rather have purinton on the ice. if avery walks i say sign either matt cooke or try and give byers a chance to be that guy. or if the team gets desperate for some spark, then trade for burrows, ott or carcillo.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote