View Single Post
Old
06-24-2008, 10:54 AM
TheShoe82
No Diving!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieley View Post
Hey guys, I didn't know if there was a better place to make this thread, if so maybe a mod could move it for me to the appropriate place.

I'm looking into taking a road trip to Boston from Halifax, Nova Scotia in mid August with a couple buddies of mine.

I was wondering if you guys could help me out in terms of where to stay (i.e. list of decent, low-priced hotels), what to do (w/ websites and everything), etc. Basically I was looking for everything I need to take into consideration for the trip.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help everyone.
It all depends on if you plan on staying within the city limits and in what you want to do. Are you guys looking to do the tourist thing, or just hang out? If you can give some specifics I can make some suggestions.

Since its august, theres a few things that come to mind.

1 - North End Festas - usually on weekends. Lots of good italian food and whatnot, all throughout the month of august. Bring cash.

2 - Red sox (good luck getting tickets), and Patriots (pre-season) - There should be plenty of pre-season seats available if you are desperate for some football. Most season ticket holders sell them at face value or below (not a hot ticket for the pre season).

Theres tons of other stuff, but you have to kind of narrow down what you want to see/do/accomplish.

-DC