View Single Post
Old
06-02-2004, 03:30 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Iginla needed medical attension after the game, skipped practise the next day, and was probable for the next game (which he did play).

Iginla was injured on the play

The hits were very similar
Well, I think Ohlund's hit was somewhat less severe (they were a bit closer to the boards and Ohlund didn't take quite as much of a run as Nieminen did). That said, it was still a bad hit and I think the main reason Iginla was able to get up so quickly afterwards was because he actually had his helmet on properly, so he didn't actually hit his bare head like Lecavalier did. If Lecavalier had his helmet strapped on properly, I don't think he would have been as dazed as he was.

Also, even if Lecavalier plays tomorrow, it doesn't indicate that he was "faking" by any means...anyone who's watched much playoff hockey should know that plenty of guys play with concussion symptoms at this time of year. I have no doubt that he was pretty badly shook up on the play (again, partly due to the fact that he didn't have his helmet strapped on tightly).

Can't comment on the hits by Tampa in game 1, that's the only game I missed so far...