View Single Post
Old
06-24-2008, 07:37 PM
tantalum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_93 View Post
So Kesler.....in my opinion the best player down the (unsuccessful) final stretch of the season, who lead the checking/shutdown line against all the big units in the league, while still managing (along with Burrows) to chip in timely goals, provide the only real consistent offense (at a level expected or exceeding that of a checking third line) to ultimately cross the 20g plateau gets demoted to the fourth line to make way for this slow fatso Wellwood?!?!?

(Not to mention, you're not even putting Wellwood at centre with your idea...)
If Wellwood is picked up. If Wellwood earns a spot on the team. IF Wellwood out competes Kesler and whoever else for a position I guess that could happen. A lot of ifs.

Of course he could also be moved to wing if those things happened. Or he could be the second line center keeping Kesler in his accustomed role. Or several things. BTW your best player down the stretch scored 2 goals the final 13 games, put up a couple of assists and was a minus player. I suppose he could have been the best player but I'm not convinced any player was particularily good. The entire team crapped the bed after the trade deadline.

Back to Wellwood...nothing wrong IMO with bringing him in. The guy will come cheap. He has no leverage. He has everything to prove. And if he sucks you waive him and bury him on the farm. He won't get a multiyear deal. A project and not a guy to be counted on as being a solution but a guy who could be a solution.

tantalum is offline   Reply With Quote