View Single Post
Old
06-24-2008, 08:53 PM
TheSchwab

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
One edit: Sather's made some big mistakes in his career and I don't think signing Avery would be his biggest. It may be a mistake, but let's not make Avery out to be some perennial 30 goal scorer. He's a guy who hasn't scored 20 goals in a season at any point in his career (I don't prorate) and who is 28. He almost had 20 goals last season (and everyone will insert the what if here...) and he came close to 40 points once. If letting this guy go is the worst thing a GM does in his tenure, then that GM had one heck of a tenure.
This is not neccesarily directed at you, but more the topic.

The moment any free-agent seems to stall on a number stats are brought up. This is a different case though because of what Avery brings to the team.

What I love is some of the fans on this board saying we need hard-working, grinding, intense players; yet they see Avery as expendable.

IDK what you guys think about hockey, but as a player you wan't to hear your name a lot usually, and every time he steps on the ice his name is called by an announcer for doing something. Thats why I blew money on his jersey.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote