View Single Post
Old
06-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Whale4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Okay, I have a suggestion but really don't know if JM would do anything like this.

Idk if JM has thought about making any offers to any RFA. If yes why not make an offer to Svatos from Colorado. I read on the main rumors page that the Avs probably won't match any offers if it gets to around $3.5-4.0 M. He scored 37 points last year but 26 of those were goals. Yeah, he has had some injury issues. Looking at his career stats, he has been in the 60's in games played all 3 seasons he has been in the NHL. I think he is a very underated player and even if he goes down we bring Frolik up and get him some playing time. Again, not even sure if JM would be willing to go after any RFA's. What do you guys think? I think he would be perfect on the wing with Matthias centering and Olesz on the other wing.

btw he is also very good defensively. His plus/minus this year was +13.

A true talent, with early NHL success, yet young enough for a guy like DeBoer to mold. (I'm already making him out to be a miracle worker).

I always thought Svatos to be a Quenneville type of player, whatever that may mean, but who knows?

Nice left-field pick on this one. But as stated, I totally agree that JM is not the type to tender an offer sheet. Legal though it may be, my guess is he is too old-school to travel that route. Bobby Clarke he is not.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he will do whatever is necessary - in this case or any other - to improve the club.

Whale4ever is offline   Reply With Quote