View Single Post
Old
06-25-2008, 06:06 PM
JacksonGalaxy

vCash: 500
Division 3 college hockey, if it's anything like Division 2 which is what my school is, sucks. It's basically a glorified high school league.

It's not like football. My school (Grand Valley State) is one of the best in Division 2 and have produced a couple NFLers or at least guys who have gone on to the practice squad with NFL teams, which is impressive enough. That's because players would rather play for a winning NCAA D-2 team and get exposure than play for a bad D-1 team (like a MAC school, if you follow college football).

In hockey, you don't have that luxury. The NCAA doesn't have D-2 hockey, just D-1. So my school plays in something called the ACHA with other D-2/D-3 schools and D-2 club teams of good schools like Michigan and such. I know some of the players on the team and they can vouch for this.. Basically, you'd rather play anywhere in D-1 than even the best D-2 teams. You just don't get seen.

I doubt this guy could have played major junior. He's got great hands but so do most of the guys in my over 18 house roller hockey league. And keep in mind this is a highlight video. Maybe he's got a crippling phobia for being behind his own team's blueline. Maybe he's good for two or three breakaways a game but doesn't move his feet beyond that. Who knows. He doesn't really look that fast. He's fast in comparison to what he's playing against but he doesn't look as fast as other Russians known for good puckhandling. I don't know much about the guy but I can say pretty confidently he shoudn't and won't be drafted and he probably can't play at any level outside of D-2/D-3 hockey. Still a good player I'm sure, but that just goes to show you.

JacksonGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote