06-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i would attempt

dubinsky, tyutin, 2nd 09
Right along the lines of what I was thinking. We'd probably have to make it our 1st though. Frankly, I'd do it.

I know, I know; "But.. but.. the draft is so deep next year!" Frankly I'm not too concerned about it. I'm quite pleased with the drafting we did this year, I don't think missing out on our first rounder for a guy like JBo is anything but a win for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I'll be the devils advocate here -- if everyone is so high on Anisimov, why not build the deal around Dubinsky? Dubinsky is a proven asset and he would make this a much simpler deal to make because he has greater value. That said, he's one of my favorite players but you just don't get a chance to get young players like JBo that often. Money and location will enter the conversation here and the Rangers have a lot of both to offer JBo.

Bingo. Unless someone is drugging the water in Florida and they start some sort of fire-sale, they're going to get a good, scratch that, great return for Bouwmeester. I think to even be considered in the race for JBo you have to imagine Dubinsky is going the other way. With Drury and Gomez locked up long term and Anisimov and now Grachev in our system, a center is going to have to be delt at some point, might as well be for a #1 d-man.

What's that? Anisimov isn't ready for the NHL you say? Well here's your chance to spurt off some more of that sign Sundin and Jagr stuff. If we have 4 NHL capable centers in our lineup as it is, Sundin makes no sense. If we have a need for a center, now he makes a bit of sense. Not much, but a bit.

Worst case scenario? You bag Jagr and Sundin all together, spend the season with a borderline playoff team, and wait for the cavalry to arrive next year. Anisimov, Sanguinetti, Cherepanov (maybe) and about 8 mil in cap space carrying over to next season.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote