View Single Post
Old
06-26-2008, 07:04 AM
hoopla

vCash: 500
I have followed this kid's amateur career for a while now....
He cannot be drafted since he exahusted his eligibility almost two years ago.
When he was still eligible - he, unfortunately, was still playing in the leagues that are not attended by scouts. After an outstanding year at EJHL, he was being recruited by UMASS and BU, but as soon as those schools found out that he missed a year of English for the Clearinghouse he took a pass. So he went to one of the top D-III programs in the nation since they dont abide by the Clearinghouse rules.
This kid has been winning individual awards ever since his Prep school days. Named to All-Met team twice (best five high-school players in DC Metro area), represented team Southeast twice in Chicago showcase. At the same time playing Washington Junior Capitals Program. He won the goal scoring title as well as helped the Junior Capitals win it's first and so far the only AJHL cup in teams history. The following year he went to EJHL and had a great year - named to EJHL East All-star team. However, by doing so he exhausted one year of NCAA eligibility, thus leaving him with only 4 years. After D-I schools passed on him, he went to Norwich where he was named the ECAC East Rookie of the year. And just this past season he was named to the First ECAC East Team. He also was named to the Second All American Team helping Norwich go to the Frozen Four. Now the reason he would not transfer to a D-I program is because he would be red-shirted and would have to sit out another year thus ehausting his NCAA eligibility completely. Rumor has it, he was approched by Colgate University either this or last year, but he had to respectfully decline. So Kashirsky is just one of the cases of a good prospect flying under the radar..it hapens in any sport.

hoopla is offline   Reply With Quote