Old
06-26-2008, 03:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
There may be some people that go for Grachev over MDZ, but given that the draft was a week ago and Grachev was picked two rounds lower than Del Zotto would suggest that the Rangers feel he is a better prospect. There are Russian complications that skewed where Grachev was picked, and he could easily end up being a better player, but I think at this point in time you have to give the nod to Del Zotto.
Without jumping ahead to the next polls' discussions, I'l pick the guy with 1st-round talent who slipped over 'political' complications than the guy who slipped down the 1st because he's reportedly terrible defensively and an average at best skater. Don't get me wrong, I like the MDZ pick... I just LOVE the Grachev pick.

It's also possible that the Rangers knew a lot of teams would be scared by Grachev's Russian ties and knew he'd be available in later rounds.

I could be totally wrong, and I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I just personally prefer Grachev by a hair. Keep in mind I've seen these guys play for like a total of 5 minutes (in highlight videos no less), so I'm only going on what I've read.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote