View Single Post
Old
06-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnerican View Post
So the Granlunds will be together on Karpat?
Together in the same organization yes, but they probably won't play together that much, because Mikael is with the juniorA and Markus will most likely start the season in juniorC. Plus I'm not sure if Tappara is totally out of the picture yet in Markus's case or if it ever was a serious option. In general moving from Laser ht to Kärpät is common, because the teams are located next to each other and the distance is only something like 10 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
all the reports are saying great things about him (i.e. "next Mats Sundin").
Are there any other reports or stories than this in Swedish that was linked by hifk88 in another thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifk88 View Post
"Flemingsbergskillen Jesper Kokkonen vann sitt första slutspel i Stockholms-
hockeyn tillsammans med Hammarby. Nu tog han sin andra titel och jämförelsen med ex-djurgårdaren Mats Sundin har han hört förr.
– Min tränare brukar säga att vi är lika. Jo, jag har tittat lite extra på honom.
Stora kraftiga skär, stora aviga dragningar och en storlek större än övriga kännetecknar Sundin och Kokkonen."
"My coach often says that we are similar. Yeah, I have watched him(Sundin) some extra."

I saw Kokkonen in his debut in Lions jersey in Tornio. Tall guy with some skill, but struggled with the high tempo which of course was expected as he was playing with older boys, so I didn't get a comprehensive overview of his game. Playing as a wing might have had effected his game as well, because he usually plays center? Sundin and Jesper have some similarities, but based on that brief sighting I had, it might be rather optimistic to call him "next Sundin".

Last edited by Tormentor: 06-26-2008 at 04:51 PM.