View Single Post
Old
06-26-2008, 11:45 PM
PGHRanger

vCash: 500
Not that you care

but i doubt the Rangers end up with either Malone or Orpik.

The media here is saying that Malone is definitely gone but that he really wants to play in either Phoenix or Minnesota and that's why he refused trades and wouldn't negotiate with teams that he didn't want to play for next year (CLS possibly). He's waiting for July 1st to try to latch on with the two teams mentioned as he and his wife have family in Minnesota and his father works for the Phoenix as a scout. He didn't want to resign with the pens either and that's odd given that he grew up in Pgh.

Orpik has become the big sign now for the Pens ever since Hossa turned down a 7 yr deal and is going to test the FA waters. They've turned their attention to signing Orpik and Malkin to long term deals. Latest is that the deal with Orpik is close to being done (obviously with tuesday looming).

All that said, nothing is certain when it comes to money and FA. Malone might still be bought if a teams offer dwarfs the teams mentioned and Orpik could decide to try FA regardless of the deal he's offered as he and Thierren don't get along too well.

Just my long 2 cents and what i hear over here.

PGHRanger is offline   Reply With Quote