Old
06-27-2008, 01:46 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I thought Dekanich really struggled, but it's tough to gague goalies at rookie camps. Maybe he just had some bad coffee or something.

I think Engren didn't look at all out of place with these guys.

I didn't see much of Pickard because he spent most of the time down at the other end. I do remember seeing Mike Santorelli roof one glove-side on him. Beautiful goal.

Smith looked pretty good, though.

Most of the guys there seemed to have really good mobility, which is a great trend to have in our organization. The new NHL has an emphasis on better mobility, though preferably with a little size attached. Regardless, it's a fundamental part of the foundation of a modern NHL player.

Thang is really fast and has a pretty damn good wrist shot.

We need to move Mike Santorelli to wing so he can think more about scoring goals. This guy is a big-time sniper. It's harder to do that as a center, especially in Trotz's system, where the center is counted on to be a third defenseman.

McKenzie is HUGE.

Wilson used his strength and played really physical in the 3-on-3 drills at the end. Looked like a real powerforward. Can't say he wasn't a bit out of his element in a limited-contact practice.

I doubt Lajunen is 172 pounds.

I didn't see much of him, but Geoffrion looked pretty sharp.

Overall I didn't really pay that much attention to the forwards because they were down at the far end of the ice. So I watched the defensemen, and Josi may be the best pure passing defenseman in the farm system. He was always reaching for the puck and trying to get the pass off, and more often than not he would lay it right on the tape. Could work on his shot but I'm not sure he was going full-bore since nobody else was (Franson definitely wasn't). A great skater with really good quickness. If we can open up a spot for him, he may change my mind about that pick...

Franson didn't look like he was trying all that hard, but he's got some good offensive tools.

Foss looked out of his element in an offensive showcase. Definitely a defensive defenseman.

Blum wasn't out there. No idea why.

The Brothers Flynn looked okay. Greg should probably finish his degree, though.

Triston Grant was out there too. No clue why.
Agree with most of this.

Geoffrion looked faster than I remember. He also put a nice forearm/elbow into Wilson's head during the 3-on-3 scrimmage. Not real hard or anything, just a good battle.

Wilson looked better than everyone else, very good, smooth skating. Went to the net almost every time and did his best Holmstrom. For a while he was one of the only ones to actually get a puck passed the goalies.

I liked Pickard, Josi looked small but he was quick.

Besides Blum, I also didn't see Teemu Laakso out there. Ryan Maki was there though.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote