View Single Post
Old
06-27-2008, 08:07 AM
slim399

vCash: 500
The more and more I think about it... I believe Sather is going to infact make a one year run at the cup and sign Sundin and Jagr to 1 year 5mill dollar deals with a couple of mill worth of very reachable incentives. Then I think Sather takes a run at Redden as our #1 dman to play with staal. And we will do our usual adding a few kids into the mix.

Sundin- 1 year 5mill, 2mill of incentives
Jagr- 1 year 5mill, 2mill of incentives
Redden- 4 years, 22 mill

Anisimov-Sundin-Jagr
Korpikoski-Gomez-Drury
Dawes-Dubinsky-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Byers/Jessimen

Staal-Redden
Tyutin-Girardi
Potter-Backman

Lundqvist
Valliquete

Salaries come out to a little under 53 mill.

Add in Orr and Strudwick as your extras and Shanny's bonus money we are right around the cap number.

I love the idea of giving Anisimov and Korpikoski a great opportunity... Look how much it helped players like Amonte and Kovalev playing with Messier.

The 1st line would be a beast, the speed of the 2nd line will be unreal- plus i think Drury could be the sniper Gomez needs... he loves one timing the puck and gomez is the perfect set up man for him. 3rd and 4th lines are very defensively responsible and can put the puck in the net.

I wish we could add in Avery and Orpik but the money just doesn't work. This is in fact a short 1 year run at the cup... I think it is a lot better idea then dipping into the free agent market and getting stuck with 5-6-7 year deals. Makes us a true cup contender and we will have the open cap space for the next few years to take a run at true superstar in Kovalchuk, Gaborik, Staal, Nash if they become available.

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote