View Single Post
Old
06-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
I saw Sam at a Bagel store in Rockland County. I was asking him questions on the Rangers. He said the following.

-Rozsival is definetly coming back
-Avery is defintetly gone
-Shanny is retiring
-Jagr is 95% coming back
-The Rangers are not looking at Mats Sundin
-The Rangers are looking to sign Malone, and Orpik
-the Rangers are also looking to sign Campbell, he said right now they have a deal planned out, Campbell just wants a few more dollars.
I believe you bro. These hockey announcers love to talk about the sports that they cover when you run into them. I think Rozsival's injury and poor play last year brings his price tag down and I think he'll come back on a one or two year deal. I figured Avery is definitely gone and Shanny is retiring. But I don't think Jagr is coming back. I think it's 50/50 now that the Russian deal has supposedly been extended to 3 yrs. I also believe that the Rangers have an interest in Malone, Orpik and Campbell but I don't think there's anyway that they will sign ALL three. And I think the Mats Sundin reports are just out there to camoflague the Avery and Jagr contract situations. The Rangers are leaking rumors connecting them to other high profile UFAs to take the pressure off of them not signing Avery and Jagr because it will be a PR nightmare once those guys are gone.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote