View Single Post
Old
06-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Foy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
What's the story with Clymer? I know he's apparenlty regressed as he spent the last 2 years in the minors, but I thought he was decent and before I knew it, I saw he wasn't in the NHL anymore. He's what, 31?
He only spent one year in the minors. In 05-06 he was solid, putting up 16 goals on the third line for the god-awful caps. We were going to shift him back to D the following season, he tweaked his groin the very first game, the defensive experiment was a failure both for Clymer, and the development of the now departed Steve Eminger who he was partnered with. Clymer went back to forward, but didn't get it done most of the year. He had surgery on the groin in the offseason, and came back to camp last fall with a nasty attitude. He even got into a fight with a teammate during training camp. He didn't like going to the minors, pouted about it, the team put him up and down through waivers multiple times with no takers, and now they've bought him out to get him away from the rest of the developing kids.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote