View Single Post
Old
06-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Toro

vCash: 500
Gainey has stated recently(help with a link?) that he is in the market for a top center. If Sundin doesn't sign with the Habs Gainey will most likely trade for a center as the UFA options are limited.

Gainey is searching for a center with size and strength, good at faceoffs, can score goals and dominate down low. Sundin is his 1st choice, not sure what his second choice is but i imagine it would be a trade.

If there is nothing at top center available to him, i would go after a guy like rolston. He could be a perfect fit at 3rd line center/ Point on the PP. He replaces most of streit's minutes on the PP and takes smolinski's job as 3rd line center. Chipchura can play 4th center and learn the ropes and push for the shutdown duties by seasons end hopefully.

Rolston is a good vet that can shoot the puck as good as anyone and could excell in a few roles on the habs as i have stated.

Not very high on most of the guys listed in this thread. Holik, fedorov, forsberg etc for they don't fit as well for style and salary/health etc.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote