View Single Post
Old
06-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
With the acquisition of Tanguay, I'm guessing we have the best LW line in the league.

Alex Tanguay
Andrei Kostitsyn
Chris Higgins
Guillaume Latendresse
Steve Begin

Thinking out loud here, but with Tanguay, Higgins and Begin as shoe-ins for the position, who do you think will move to RW between AKost and Tender? Or do you think Carbo will try either Tanguay or Higgins at C?

I've always though Andrei Kostitsyn should be tried at RW, since he's mainly a shooter and would benefit from playing on his off wing, better angle to shoot since he's a lefty. Latendresse has played well at times on RW though, so it will be interesting to see in training camp. Carbo might not want to break out the famous Plekanec line, so we will more than likely see Latendresse on RW.

And if Carbo decides NOT to break up the Plekanec line, it's inevitable: Chris Higgins will start the year on the 3rd line, more than likely with Chipchura and Latendresse on RW. Tanguay will play a top-6 role for sure, and if we do not make any other moves, will probably find himself on a line with Koivu and S.Kostitsyn on RW, although that line might have too many playmakers and no one to go in the corners effectively.
I think the obvious candidates are Higgins(to center) or A.Kostitstyn(to RW) depending on UFA's. I know breaking up the Plekanec line is not the best, but I think A.Kost might do even more with a Koivu because Kovy is not as good a playmaker and him and Plekanec don't feed A.Kost as much as they could.

The thing about changing lines early in the year is that those players already know each other so you can always go back to the old combos if the experiments don't work.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote