View Single Post
Old
06-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Unk

vCash: 500
I didn't feel like reading 3 pages of everyone arguing over whether Jagr should stay or not, but even though this team won't be at the point of contending for a Cup for at least a few more years, it still makes sense to keep him. Though are some nice top-6 forwards available on FA, none of them save for Hossa or Sundin seems like the kind've guy that can keep the other team's defense focused on them, thus opening room for the other guys and the team's young talent.

Of Jagr, Hossa, and Sundin, at least Jagr has shown chemistry with Dubinsky, and while this year might have shown he is no longer in the league of the elite players, he'll still a legit first-line guy. I don't get how keeping him for a year or two is building the team around, considering it seems the only player he has recently depended upon for success is Dubinsky.

Plus Jagr makes it easier to get into the playoffs, and even if the team isn't winning the Cup, it gets our young guys some experience in the playoffs, which should come in handy a few more years down the line should this team be ready to be a legit threat for the Cup. Well, my two cents.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote