View Single Post
Old
06-28-2008, 06:35 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
A defensive game? You have to have defensemen to do that and i'm sorry I don't see one guy on our blueline who I would call a solid NHL defenseman. Tyutin, Girardi, and Staal have the ability to be but I doubt all 3 arive this season. If we were stacked on the blueline I would understand this thinking. Right now we don't need help only up front you know.
Definitely. The Rangers need help pretty much everywhere but goalie. However, as I said previously, I don't support breaking the bank for a guy that may not fit in the system. Staal can be a great #1 defenseman one day, but he is not quite there yet. If you are looking at the Devils defense as a model, name one guy that can be a passable #1 d-man on any other team. I'm not knocking the Devils, but the answer is no one, unless you are very high on Paul Martin. You don't necessarily have to be stacked on the defensive corps to play a very good defensive game.

But I digress and I'm way off topic, we'll have to wait on Jagr's decision in the coming week before I can say anything else.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote