View Single Post
Old
06-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
Definitely. The Rangers need help pretty much everywhere but goalie. However, as I said previously, I don't support breaking the bank for a guy that may not fit in the system. Staal can be a great #1 defenseman one day, but he is not quite there yet. If you are looking at the Devils defense as a model, name one guy that can be a passable #1 d-man on any other team. I'm not knocking the Devils, but the answer is no one, unless you are very high on Paul Martin. You don't necessarily have to be stacked on the defensive corps to play a very good defensive game.

But I digress and I'm way off topic, we'll have to wait on Jagr's decision in the coming week before I can say anything else.
It is very on topic. What exactly is this team going to do if JJ does bolt? Sign Sundin? If thats the plan I would rather just give into Jagr's demands of a two year contract. Nobody seems to think Hossa is the answer. You have to hope a trade is in the works here that will bring us atleast a top pairing dman, i'm worried with how things are going down with who we got at the helm.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote