View Single Post
Old
06-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Forechecker

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Some interesting stuff from Puck-Rakers, the Blue Jackets' blog:

Quote:
3) Three days ago, Brian Lawton was hired as director of hockey operations for Tampa Bay Lightning. Lawton and Mike Liut, who happens to be Malone's agent, used to be partners together, working side-by-side on a slew of clients. Maybe Liut did his friend a favor, a welcome-to-your-new-job gift. This is highly possible.

4) NHL sources told me on Saturday night that Malone's father, Greg Malone, has recently been offered a job with the Tampa Bay Lightning. Malone had been working as a scout with the Phoenix Coyotes. Before that, he was a scout with the Pittsburgh Penguins. While he wasn't fired by the Penguins a few years ago, he was shown the door by management, which is where the relationship between Malone and club became frayed. Now, they could be reunited.
and

Quote:
Anyway, according to folks down in Tampa, Malone and the Lightning were negotiating on Saturday night, as this is being typed.

My gut tells me the Penguins will be getting a third-round draft pick. And the Blue Jackets are now in the market for Kristian Huselius.
The Bolts ownership have said again and again they want to be the Flyers for '08-'09. I think they will be a very interesting and fun team to watch next year.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote