View Single Post
Old
06-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Losing Jagr, no matter what, would be a double-edged sword.

It all comes down to whether or not you believe last year was an off-year or if it was the continued decline of his game-changing abilities.

It comes down to whether or not you believe he can adjust to a team that is no longer focused on him or whether he still needs to at least feel like he is the man.

Losing Jagr is going to have an impact because we probably will not be able to replace his offense or at the very least the amount of attention he gets and subsequently free's up for his teammates.

I'm not sure the Rangers are cup contenders with or without Jagr next season. I still see a team that I think is a bit of a mystery with their ability to score goals.

Well judging from his interview on rodents site it seems he stil wants to go to a team where he IS THE MAN. He almost said as much. If Jagr does come back he will be captain and he will be the centerpiece of this team like it or not cause he's the best player. You build your team around your best player and that is the only reason why the Rangers have been so silent up to this point.

Also reading that interview it sounds like Slats really pissed him off by not trying to contact him leading up to this.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote