View Single Post
Old
06-28-2008, 10:23 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Well I'll try and answer my own question. I think the Rangers recognize that Pittsburgh is going to be the team to beat in the East for the next several years. Even if salary cap considerations cause the Penguins to trade Malkin, he would bring back enough in trade to surround Crosby and Staal with an outstanding supporting cast. They also have a very good goaltender. So with that all said, I think that Sather and Company are going to concentrate on building this team from the back out compete with the Penguins. The Pens will be difficult to outscore. That means at least one nasty defenseman in addition to what is already on hand plus one high end player. One dimensional players need not apply. And with Staal, Girardi and Tyutin filling three of the six spots for the next two years at approx. $5MM it gives us a tremendous base to work with. Once the defense is rebuilt, then I suspect the forward lines will be populated with more north-south players who are responsible defensively (i.e. Malone, Rolston and (here's one to remember) Jay Pandolfo. I expect a team, that will be much like the vintage Devils in discipline, style, character and toughness in coming year. Only (hopefully) better.

Last edited by bobbop: 06-28-2008 at 11:50 PM.
bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote