View Single Post
Old
06-03-2004, 06:48 PM
jdsrangers

vCash: 500
Umberger still talking with Rangers and 6 other teams..

Some interesting quotes from his agent Brian Lawton in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette this morning:
*--"It's not really about the money for R.J.,"
*--About the Rangers--"I think they're still interested," Umberger said. "I don't know why a deal wasn't done."

*--After all, now that he has waited nearly two years since the Canucks drafted him, Umberger has the luxury of picking his team, of going to a place where he will be comfortable and his talents will be most valuable.

Quote from RJ: "It's about finding an organization I can succeed with and be excited to play for," he said. "An organization that thinks I can succeed. I have to pick it right."

I still believe that Umberger and the Rangers are a good fit. Umbee's boyhood idol was Jagr. Sather knows the kid has talent but wasn't going to give away the store to sign him. He has a good chance to make the Rangers this season. He also knows the Rangers do this first class. If he plays his cards right he will signed & ready for Ranger prospect camp in Calgary in August, which will get him in NHL shape.

Here is the link for the story:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04155/326286.stm